Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Garden - It's Complicated part 1





After seeing the move It's Complicated not only did I want to move into her house I wanted to get my hands on that Garden!  The garden in the movie is not realistic I realize that, however I wanted to have something special too.  A Potager garden.   My yard is a mess literally!  We moved into our house 2 years ago last month and I have not been able to do much around here.  When we bought our new house we had big dreams- they included a pool and a lot of other amenities, and here it sets almost completely untouched.  Our yard is bigger than most for Southern California so it has a lot of potential however more space seems to mean more money...

So with all of that I decided to start small.  I wanted to see if I could grow something- well grow anything that is.  I am good with flowers but since our move here my success has been limited.  I decided to make myself a small raised planter and get to growing.

I am so excited to share my garden with you (although it really is not much) and I hope this will encourage me to do more!  Maybe even tear out some of the grass and really spread out..  We shall see.

Stay tuned for part 2 of My Garden - It's complicated....

Thank you to Natalie for getting my excited and inspiring me to stop talking and start doing!

1 comment:

  1. I've not seen that movie but that garden . . . I'll definitely have to see it now!!!

    Have you thought of herbs -- you're in California so they are like so simple to grow! And they grow so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!