Sunday, February 14, 2010

A week in Paris: Hotel Terese



I have only been to Paris a handful of times but each time I think I love it more! On my past 2 visits I have stayed at the Hotel Terese, which is on the Right bank in the 1st. Hotel Terese is a converted 18th century townhouse in my favorite neighborhood in Paris. The rooms are clean and comfortable and from what I hear the breakfast is just wonderful (I always opt for a Pain au Chocolat with tea). This little hotel is within walking distance of the Louvre, Rue Saint Honore (favorite shopping), Palais Royal and just a hop skip and a jump onto the Metro.

We typically fly in to Charles de Gaulle-Roissy airport and take the train into the city. It is very inexpensive to take the train in, but for me (who will always always choose the wrong direction if given any choice) it can be a little confusing. I am usually turned around when I come out of the Metro stations and will go the wrong way for sure! After a few days I get used to it and can find my favorite locations easily again. But for that reason I will give no directions here or in any travel post!!

Hotel is a great home base while in Paris! And they only looked at me a little strangely when I kept coming back with bags and bags and bags of purchases that were surely too large to fit in any normal suitcase...

















Hotel Terese is well priced (I mean very well priced in my opinion). I like nice hotels and I really like nice boutique hotels and this is on my list! They are also in an area that I feel comfortable in at night. As I often split off from my husband when I get to Paris this is an important factor for me!


Hotel Terese
5-7, rue Thérèse - 75001 Paris
Tel. 33 (0) 1 42 96 10 01
Fax 33 (0) 1 42 96 15 22



Paris Charles de Gaulle-Roissy airport

23 km North of Paris taking highway A1.

Information-flight schedules
Airport: 0 892 68 15 15
General info: 01 48 62 22 80

1 comment:

  1. If I go...i'm taking you with me and we can get lost together!
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!