Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jessica at The Wife of an Artist - Gifted Inspiration

Inspiration is an amazing thing.. the most amazing thing is that it is different for everyone! I am so excited to have Jessica from The Wife on an Artist as my next guest blogger! I just love the chairs I also wanted a pair for my dining room! One day!! Please enjoy and have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!


Where do you find inspiration?

I am a very visual person so I'm constantly observing the world around me for inspiration. From walks through the city to my ever expanding blog roll to the galleries I frequent, there are so many inspiring and creative things to take in. Thank god for camera phones, my trusty Canon and the star function on Google Reader. Obviously, we are all drawn to a particular style or time period and I am no exception. I love the mid century modern design aesthetic, art that arose out of or is influenced by the Constructivist movement, and anything and everything having to do with typography.




What is your favorite or Dream vacation destination?


Barcelona has been my favorite city that I've visited thus far. I felt unbelievably at home there and found inspiration in everything. My first night in the city, I stumbled upon a public performance by trapeze artists that were protesting the closure of a building that artists had been squatting in for years and the lack of affordable housing for artists. I immediately fell in love with the energy of the city then and there. I can't wait to go back with my husband....perhaps for an extended stay!






Why did you start your blog?

I had been looking for some sort of daily creative outlet for sometime (I tried knitting, but it just didn't do it for me...no offense to knitters). After I built a website for my husband (the artist), I realized a blog might be the way to go. I originally thought I would create a more engaging online presence for his art, but it really turned into a place for me to share what inspires me with others. And it's forced me to pick up my camera more often which is always a good thing. I'm still surprised that I even have any readers and that it's opened so many doors. I would never be writing for Apartment Therapy now if it weren't for this silly blog.




An item that is on your wish list for your home or yourself.

Currently, I'm seriously lusting after a Cherner Armchair. If I had one, I don't know if I would ever even sit in it. I'd probably just stare at it for hours on end. It's absolute plywood perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!