Thursday, December 31, 2009

Samara O’Shea's Note to Self: On keeping a Journal and other dangerous pursuits

I don't know if you noticed below that I found about 20 books that I had purchased this past year unread in my bedside table just yesterday. I was looking for something to read (I have to be in a certain mood to read a particular book) anyway I came across the above mentioned book Samara O’Shea's "Note to Self: On keeping a Journal and other dangerous pursuits" which I bought a long time ago from Anthropologie {they have the best books in there}. So in my effort to be good and read every book that I found I started with this one. It is really great with all kinds of personal excerpts from various famous journals and from her own, it is well written and fun. I really enjoyed it and was encouraged to pull out my journal and begin again.



Samara also wrote "For the Love of Letters: A 21st-Century Guide to the Art of Letter Writing" which I am waiting anxiously for. I miss the hand written letters and thank yous that we all should be sending. I miss stationary and stamps all of those fun things. In the new year I think we should all follow her lead and pick up a pen or pencil, whichever you prefer and start to write again. What a gift a hand written note is!



My Sparrow - stylish responsibility

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!