Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Farmer's Market and Heirloom tomato and Cucumber salad..


Sorry for the lack of posting here this week.. it has been really busy
around here! So on my last visit to Nipomo we had a chance to visit the San Luis Obispo Saturday morning farmer's market and oh did they have some great veggies! This is a great Farmer's market with amazing fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and baked goods. I highly recommend it.



These are the coolest beans I have ever seen- not sure of the name but so pretty! This farmer had the best salad fixings, he will put together a grouping of fresh greens for you that is to die for. Just tell him what you like and he will make you a bag that will last many meals for just $5.00.




Amazing flowers!




The biggest artichokes I have ever seen!



Cool pumpkins- I bought a bunch of the cutest little white pumpkins from her with all of the cute little curly cues on them.

Now for the good stuff- the Heirloom tomatoes..

My Aunt Carol made the best Heirloom tomato and cucumber salad I have ever had. I loved it (that is saying a lot because I am not typically a fan of the tomato!)



So I thought I would share the recipe with you...


Aunt Carol's Heirloom Tomato and Cucumber salad

2 oz. Garlic Red wine vinegar
3 oz. Good olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
fresh pepper (to taste)
fresh basil cut thin (to taste)
fresh cucumber peeled and sliced thin


Use a variety of tomatoes
We used:
yellow pear tomatoes
zebra green tomatoes
and orange and red heirloom tomatoes
Clean and cut bite size

Stir Cucumber and Tomato with dressing and serve

Find out about all of the Central Coast farmers markets here..

My Sparrow - stylish responsibility

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!