Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little nuts for Stella and dot

Last night I was lucky enough to have all of my friends and neighbors over for a Stella and Dot trunk show courtesy of a great new friend Allison...  We had fun looking at all of the great new fall pieces while we chatted and snacked.  

If you have not heard about Stella and Dot check them out here.  It is a fun fashion jewelry line that can be worn everyday.


I made one of my favorite goodies from Ina Garten's Barefoot in Paris cookbook... Rosemary Cashews.  Thank you to my friend Maggie for making this last Christmas!!

Here is the recipe for those of you who don't have the cookbook.  If you don't have it I highly recommend you go out and get one for yourself there are so many great things to make in here- even a bad cook like myself can do it!!!  You can pick it up here in the book section.

1 Pound Roasted unsalted cashews
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves (I actually cut these from my garden!)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (I did not melt it- I just added the warm cashews and mixed it all together)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Spread the cashews on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven about 5 minutes until warm.
In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt and butter.  Toss the warm cashews with butter and spice mixture.  Serve warm.

This is a perfect party or open house snack!!  Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!